Friday 1 November 2013

Quilt tops in review

Here are a few of the quilt tops I've finished in the last few months... but they are still all UFOs as I haven't got as far as quilting them yet.


This was just an attempt to use up a whole lot of my blue and green scraps, many of which were already 2" strips.




These two were a result of a workshop on the jelly roll race - a new way to do a quick and easy quilt using jelly rolls.


Having done several predominantly green quilts in the past I seemed to have a huge number of small  2" strips that needed to be used up. The post and rail block seemed to be ideal for these.



I found these matching fat quarters in Perth one day and just had to have them. I had fun using the stack and slash method to make these really random blocks.




These were the result of helping out on a work related quilt project. They were originally meant to be identical, but having already handed one in I didn't have it to refer to, and somehow the blocks got reversed when putting the second one together... but that didn't matter at all. They will soon be on the beds at Killara Respite Centre in Northam.

No comments:

Post a Comment